- 4 Potatoes, halved.
- 2 Green Onions, sliced
- Sour Cream or Ranch
- Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Strips Bacon, Chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the Oven to 350⁰F.
- Render down 4 slices of bacon and then chop.
- Cut the potatoes in half and place in the oven directly on the rack skin side up. You will want to cook them for about 30 minutes depending on the potato size. Check them after 30 minutes, a fork should easily penetrate all the way through. If not just let them cook a few minutes longer until they are ready.
- Remove the potatoes and turn up the oven to broil.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to touch, use a spoon and scoop out the inside of them.
- Brush the both sides with EVOO and a little salt and pepper
- Put them back in the oven under the broiler for a minute or two per side. This will allow them to crisp up just a little more.
- Add your bacon bits and cheddar cheese then return to the oven. Broil them for a few more minutes until the cheese is good and melted.
- Carefully pull them from the oven and top with sour cream or ranch and then top with the green onions.
Caveman Tip*** I like to cook my bacon on medium low heat this may take a little longer to cook but the bacon comes out so much better. Try putting the bacon in a cold pan and then turning up the heat to medium low. It will cook the bacon to perfection without burning it. You can leave it on a little longer to get that crispy crunch without burning it.
Combine and Cook: