- 1 lb. sausage
- 1 lb. fresh jalapenos, stems and seeds removed (see picture)
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ½ white onion, sliced to sauté
- 8 white mushrooms, sliced to sauté
- Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (to top) we use ½ a bag!
- Preheat the Oven to 350⁰F.
- Slice your jalapenos in half (long ways) and remove the stems and seeds by pulling them out.
- In a separate bowl – use your hands to blend the sausage, cream cheese, onions and mushroom mixture together.
**Caveman Tip: Leaving the seeds and stems in will make your appetizer a lot hotter! Also – be careful what you touch after doing this task!! Jalapeno heat on your hands does not go away easily! You may want to wear gloves.
Combine and Cook
On a baking sheet, lay sliced jalapenos, open side up and stuff generously with the cream cheese mixture. Let the jalapenos cook for 15-20 minutes until everything is nice and hot, you should notice the jalapenos starting to brown a little. Open the oven and sprinkle the jalapenos generously with the Monterey Jack cheese, I let it fall all over the sides. Close the oven and continue to bake for an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted and brown.
Enjoy your appetizer! Your friends sure will.