- ¾ Cup Butter
- 2 Cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Cup Ranch Dressing (Or Blue Cheese)
- 1 grilled boneless chicken breast cut into 1/4” cubes
- 4 Green Onions Chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Feta cheese
- 4 -8 oz. Monterey Jack Cheese (depends on how cheesy you like it)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Pizza dough (Fresh & Easy and Trader Joe’s has great pizza dough you can purchase) or check out Caveman’s recipe for pizza dough
- In a liquid measuring cup, combine your cornstarch and water together until it makes a slurry. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, melt together ½ cup butter and 2 cups Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. Add your chicken to the sauce and bring it to a gentle boil. Let it simmer for about ten minutes so the chicken to start absorbing the flavor. Add your cornstarch mixture to the sauce so it will thicken and continue to simmer under low heat until you are ready to put it on the pizza.
- Sauté the Jalepeno’s in EVOO until it’s soft and then set them aside
- Using your other ¼ cup of butter, sauté garlic under low heat for about 15 minutes, this makes a garlic butter sauce for the dough.
- Using your counter, spread out some flour this is so the dough doesn’t stick to the counter as you are rolling it. You will probably need to sprinkle a little on the rolling pin as well.
- Lightly dust the pizza stone with corn meal
- Gently roll out the dough and the place it on the pizza stone.
- Now that you have the dough rolled out, coat the dough with a thin layer of your garlic butter sauce, followed by a thin layer or your ranch dressing. Add a generous amount of your buffalo chicken mixture. Top with jalapenos, Feta, Montery Jack Cheese and then sprinke top with green onions.
- Bake in oven or grill at 450⁰F for 10-15 minutes or until the dough is golden brown and the cheese is lightly brown and melted.
- Pull it from the oven or grill and let it rest for a few minutes, then slice and serve.
- Sorry about the half pictures but being the caveman I am I needed the other side to be a meat supreme!
Prepare your toppings:
**Caveman Tip: Get yourself a nice ceramic pizza stone; they last forever and work perfect in the over or on the grill. Since I got mine we probably make pizza twice a month and the great thing about pizza is the options are limitless so experiment and have fun with it.
**Caveman Must: Pull the dough out of the fridge and let it rest at least 30 minutes before you start working it. You need to make sure that dough is at room temperature.
**Caveman Tip: For crispy dough preheat the stone in the oven at 450⁰F this really helps. If you do that you are going to need a second pizza stone or one of those really large spatulas. It can also be tricky transferring the pizza to the stone. If you decide not to preheat the stone it will turn out just fine as well. I like to cook the pizza on the grill this allows the stone to heat up a lot quicker being so close to the flame. Just be careful not to get it to hot and burn the bottom of the pizza. You may have to slide the stone over to indirect heat after a few minutes to let it finish cooking.