- ½ lb. 80/20 ground sirloin
- ½ lb. ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese. (I like Tillamook)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 4 strips bacon
- 4 dill Pickle spears
- 1 small tomato
- 8 small French or Rustic Rolls
- Take the ground sirloin, ground pork, garlic, a drizzle of EVOO, and a dash of salt and pepper and mix them well in a bowl. Do not mash the meat together you want it to be loose.
- Next you will want to make the patties. To do so you will take a palm size amount of the meat mixture and loosely roll them into a golf ball size ball.
- Once the grill gets good and hot place your sliders on the grill. **Caveman Tip: Immediately use your spatula to flatten then out, you don’t want to flatten them out once it starts cooking because you will squeeze out the juices. Remember do not over press them though, leave them loose.
- The beef sliders are small so they will only take a couple minutes per side so watch them. As soon as one side has started to sear, give them a flip.At this point you are going to want to add the cheddar cheese to the top and put your buns on the grill to warm them up and give them a little crunch.
- I like to add a little lettuce, sliced tomato and sliced dill pickle to my sliders. Just layer them on in order. Apply your favorite condiment and you are ready to go!
*Caveman Tip: Do not over press your patties, you want them to be loose inside with little pockets of air, if you over press your patties the meat tends to be tougher.
Prepare the Grill:
**Caveman Tip: I prefer to cook my beef sliders over a griddle as opposed to the open BBQ. To me, the meat tends to be juicier and have more flavor. I also like to preseason the griddle with a little bacon fat before cooking the sliders, which works perfectly because we will use the bacon on our burgers.
**Caveman Tip: I prefer to use shredded cheese on my burgers and sliders, the cheese melts quicker and it just tastes better if you ask me.
Close the lid on your BBQ and let them finish cooking and allow the cheese to melt. Like I mentioned above these sliders are small so they will cook fast.
When they are done pull them from the grill along with the toasted buns and get ready for goodness.